Author Of Life - Poem by Anupama Anpat
An author of life,
fighting against strife,
looking out for her child,
makes twinge look mild.
Gives birth out of pain,
but finds joy in the same.
Nurtures with every breath,
from her heart, she will bless.
Does not ask for a thing in return,
with sacrifice, respect she earns.
Will protect with her every fibre,
sometimes a friend and an advisor.
An icon of benevolence,
a model of tolerance,
she knows not how to take,
all her prayers are for your sake.
Revered only second to God,
in her image, He exists on each clod.
He is not present everywhere to buffer
that’s why He sent down mothers.
Comments about Author Of Life by Anupama Anpat
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl