Best Friend - Poem by Stacey Gibbs
I hate it when you talk
especially when it’s about me.
You act like you own everything
that pisses me off!
You keep telling me how to treat others
well, you aren’t perfect, either.
I don’t want to hurt you
but you should try to understand me.
I understand that your life is messed up
but so is mine.
Maybe that’s why we get along
but then again we fight.
That’s what we do
and that’s why you’re a friend.
Friends get along
but then fight, too.
I’d call you a friend
but you’re more than that.
You’re there for me
and that’s why you’re my BEST FRIEND!
Comments about Best Friend by Stacey Gibbs
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl