Better In Time - Poem by Norman Mukwakwami
I never truly understood true love,
Looking into your eyes,
Those beautiful eyes,
I get a glimpse of its truth.
In our moments of madness,
We made decisions,
Decisions that split us.
Decisions that inevitable brought us back together.
But today I see something new in you.
An emotional age,
Far older than your years.
I see a sense of calm.
Like a Van Gogh lake surface.
It scares me at times,
How sure you are.
How sure that it's me that you want.
I feel we've been down this road before.
Its deja vu.
The road leading to pain, sadness and heartbreak.
I want to believe that this time it's real.
That this time,
You want it as much as I do.
As much as I always have.
Comments about Better In Time by Norman Mukwakwami
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl