Breaking Free Is Hard To Do - Poem by Isam Hussain
With one hand the past pushes us forward,
with the other it pulls us back.
Our freewill is never free;
our today is coloured by yesterday.
Yet the desire to break free
is too strong to be held at bay.
At times we escape briefly into a new day;
smell the sweet scent of its free air
and make believe that we are free.
Alas, not so; the past is toying with us
before its hand pulls us back once more.
Comments about Breaking Free Is Hard To Do by Isam Hussain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl