Bright And Sunny - Poem by Deborah Danso
Bright and quiet day with a radiant sunshine
Sitting on this bench till my lunchtime
To unwind after a stressful day
Two couples embrace two feet away near the Passageway
Relaxing on my own, no-one to talk to
While eating my chicken fried rice and callaloo.
Observing the people having fun
Fighting the urge to go for a run
It's just I, sitting at the bench
To have a chat is what I quench
Listening to the tune that isn't in my head
That awkward hum of the song I read
From the other day and this is what it said.
You don't have to be friends to embrace
I wasn't born from an alien outer space
To have a talk is always free
Come and sit beside me.
Comments about Bright And Sunny by Deborah Danso
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda