By Act Of Legislation - Poem by Paul Hartal
Once upon a time
In a faraway country
The people of the Province of Falsity
Spoke only truth
Whereas those who lived
In the Province of Truth
Spoke only falsity.
In both provinces
The people sang
Their national anthem in chorus:
If we are lying
We are telling the truth
But if we are telling the truth
We are lying.
People got confused there
And they remained confused
For a long time
Until one day the Prince
Decided to interfere.
So he ordered the Parliament
To legislate a new law
A new law that solved the problem
And simply abolished the difference
Between truth and falsity.
Comments about By Act Of Legislation by Paul Hartal
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl