Call Out Kali, Kali - Poem by Ramprasad Sen
Just think of it, Mind –
No one’s anything to anyone.
You’ve come back to this world
And for the few days of your life
They all call you master.
But they’ll drop that master soon enough
When the master of life and death shows up.
And will she who you worried yourself sick for,
Will she stick by you then?
The dear woman will sprinkly cow dung
To clear out the bad luck.
Shri Ramprasad says: When Death
Grabs you by the hair,
Call out: Kali, Kali –
Then what can He do?
[Translated by Leonard Nathan and Clinton Seely]
Comments about Call Out Kali, Kali by Ramprasad Sen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl