Come On Mind - Poem by Ramprasad Sen
Come on, Mind, let’s go steal-
You and I together-
All Shiva owns- Mother’s feet,
If we can carry them off.
But if they catch us
In that watchful house,
That would be the end of the body.
They’d tie us up in Kailasa.
Don’t forget your guru’s advice
If we get in; we’ll wound Shiva
With an arrow of devotion,
Then grab those feet and run.
[Translated from 'Grace and Mercy in her Wild Hair' by Leonard Nathan and Clinton Seely]
Comments about Come On Mind by Ramprasad Sen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl