Can I Be True? - Poem by Nicole J12
Can you see me for who I truly am,
Or should I stay hidden behind a mask?
Can I trust you with my secret,
And not be in fear?
Will you laugh at me if I tell you?
I am different, and I will not change.
There are others like me,
Will you laugh at them as well?
Can you be happy with who I am?
Will you stand by my side when I need you,
Or will you run?
I cannot be sure of your feelings
If you hide them from me.
Let me show who I am without a mask,
Let me know I can trust you.
Tell me that you are happy with who I am
And stand strong beside me when difficult task is before me.
Tell me I can be myself around you
And that I do not have to change.
Comments about Can I Be True? by Nicole J12
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl