Child - Poem by Stef Whatever
Sweet sleep, let me dream
Dreams of flying, dreams of freedom
Floating over treetops, floating over roofs
Just jump up, and keep on swimming.
Sweet dream, let me sleep
Curled up like a cat, safe in my skin
Finding the child, she's still there
Fighting reality, I feel she's winning.
Don't wake me up, don't call my name
Doors are locked, windows closed
You'll see me when you see me
Untill then, I'll be here, dreaming.
Comments about Child by Stef Whatever
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Stef Whatever's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl