Christmas Woes - Poem by Cheryl Adair
twas the week before christmas and my vehicle died
a total kick in the head not to mention my pride
now i'm flat broke - i ain't got no ride
(and thats not even the worst part!)
the true sob story is really this:
that amid this season of glitter and bliss
'reality' has hit me and OH! what a mess
santa only takes cash or american express!
so, needless to say (as you) peer 'neathe your tree
you won't find diddly under there from me
'cos all my dough is going on wheels
and to heck with stuff like presents and meals!
but merry christmas anyway!
Comments about Christmas Woes by Cheryl Adair
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl