City Of The Blind - Poem by shannia ryan
Darkness upon darkness,
That's all the colour we see.
People say rainbows bring happiness,
But what can a rainbow be?
We hear the loud popping,
Of fireworks in the sky.
To us it's just nothing,
As the new year passes by.
But we all will keep hoping,
For just the perfect day.
Hoping, waiting and praying,
For the lord to take our blindness away.
Comments about City Of The Blind by shannia ryan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl