Country, Cows And Churches - Poem by Marilyn Lott
I'll bet one of God's favorite animals
Is the warm and serene cow
Such a part of the country life
Just like the horse and the plow.
I think God would smile as He watched
The calm and passive manner you see
When you're out in the barnyard or field
I know I do when a cow comes near me.
You can see a churchyard nearby the farm
Where the neighbors go to pray
Horses with barn cats peeking out
The farmyard with warm sweet hay.
Yes, I believe God would be comfortable
On the wonderful old-fashioned porches
And as He looked around He'd smile
At the country cows and churches!
Comments about Country, Cows And Churches by Marilyn Lott
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl