Marilyn Lott Poems
- 3 White Ducks Three ducks pecked around In a garden one warm...
- A Child’s Mind The world is wide with wonder For everything ...
- A Chat With The Lord Sometimes I kind of feel sad and ...
- A Common Man He works so hard every day Doing pretty much ...
- A Cat Named Frank He is a beautiful kitty cat Frank is his ...
- Soccer Girl She gets out there and hustles She does her very...
- A Boy In Hope There is a place called Hope, Arkansas Where a...
I've loved poetry my entire life beginning with poems my parents read to my brother and me from the Jr. Classics.
My husband and I travel all over this beautiful country and I enjoy writing poems about my travels. We have twenty acres in Montana with such beautiful sunrises and sunsets. I enjoy taking pictures with my digital camera.
I have written hundreds of poems for John McCornack's web pages. John sends me a page with the wonderful pictures he takes and I write a poem that will snuggle into the page. What a challenge that is for me!
My poems have been published in True Love and True Romance magazines as well as several anthologies. Recently my poem ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
3 White Ducks
Three ducks pecked around
In a garden one warm day
They wore beautiful coats
Of white feathers to display
They primped and they pampered
These coats of pure white
Their strutting and flapping
Created quite a sight
It was a lovely summer day
And they adored the warm sun
Just three little ducks
Searching for a bit of fun
But it grew hotter and hotter
Oh dear, it was warm
If they didn't find water
Could it do them some harm?
They might find a stream
Or a small pond would do
But when they could find none
They started to ...