Creature Of The Night, Zombie Of The Day - Poem by Jason HeathFitzgerald
You creep into my head.
You even dare to use my eyes as your door.
I feel you enter.
I sense you passing the threshold which is mine.
Why are you here today?
Why would you visit me at this time?
I see the sunlight.
I see it creep through the velvet window shroud.
The light finds it's way into even this dark chamber.
I know the hour of the day is young.
You come with enmity.
You come with no mercy.
You want me to fail the day.
You'll leave me when the land is dark.
I despise you, sleep. I despise you.
You make me the creature I am.
You are why I am creature of the night.
You are why I am zombie of the day.
Comments about Creature Of The Night, Zombie Of The Day by Jason HeathFitzgerald
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Jason HeathFitzgerald's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl