Destiny - Poem by Persa Corbalokovic
All changed! Is this THE love,
I’ve dreamt of all my life?
Is that ardour above
All joys, common and rife?
I ask myself each day,
Wondering if my heartbeat
Is the right gauge to say:
Feel free! Enjoy the feat!
Never have I craved for
Someone this much, this long.
Never desired one before
Like him who to her does belong.
What a waste is to adore
The one who turns into a wall.
Why instead of less, I feel more?
Why him who brings pain, of all?
We don’t decide on how to feel.
Neither to whom will our heart go.
We can only grasp what is real.
Only weaklings say to destiny: No!
Comments about Destiny by Persa Corbalokovic
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda