Distance - Poem by Nazmul Haque
This distance between us
Is the way to feel our nearness.
Though the ocean lies between us,
It's just a matter of closing the eyes.
Your absence tells me that
you'r ever present,
Your memory is but the covering
of your remembrance.
The gap that lies between us
Is like a bridge to come and go
across the bank of our hearts.
Who say that I am alone?
Next to my eye I may find
that you are missing,
But next to may heart, I can feel
that you'r always standing.
One may be as close as the ribs
when counted from eye to eye,
But one may be as far as the poles
when counted from heart to heart.
I feel that you are there
always in and around me,
whenever I feel the need
I just close my eye to see.
Comments about Distance by Nazmul Haque
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda