Do You Know What Pain Is? - Poem by Ever Love
Do you know what pain is?
Can you see the pain and suffering on the street?
Can you see it in the world?
When I was younger pain wasn't in anything but cuts and bruises;
Suffering was only in T.V. shows.
When I grew up I became afraid,
Not just for my sake but for everyone that I know.
I'm not afraid to say I'm scared-
I'm scared of messing up, everything being bad,
Of everything falling apart right before my eyes as I just stand there and watch!
I thought pain could make me stronger
And in a way it has.
But the thing it does the most, is just cut me in half.
It tears me limb from limb,
It tears my heart out to rip it in two.
I don't know why it hurts so much or why it must exist,
Comments about Do You Know What Pain Is? by Ever Love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda