Dreams: The Ether Of Things Hoped For. - Poem by Hakeem Rahim
Bedtime stories are Hansel and Gretel
breadcrumbs for those who get lost in their dreams.
Ephemeral place holders providing us with the necessary safety net
we need to explore our subconscious.
Place holders to be plucked by the scavengers of the night,
leaving us to the magical maze
of the conjured fantasy
and alchemic reality.
Only slivers of the night
will be transformed into the consciousness of the day.
While we can be led to the nutritious sustenance of dreams,
it is up to us to swallow.
Dreams: the ether of things hoped for.
Comments about Dreams: The Ether Of Things Hoped For. by Hakeem Rahim
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl