Ivan Donn Carswell
Ivan Donn Carswell Poems
- Breathe Again keeping a day ahead when space occupied by ...
- In-Between you caught me in-between those things I didn’t ...
- Bigrit/I/B Yesterday’s dust storm dashed unrealistic ...
- Wither Away a way to piss yourself off thoroughly and ...
- Market In The Rain Bob’s view was we couldn’t run away, ...
- Sacred Space even sacred space has room that's not invasion...
- Bilove Ran Out/I/B the simple account – love ran ...
...If I said I wrote poetry for a reason I’d have to defend my reasoning every day. So I don’t. I write for fun – and if it isn’t fun it’s better than being bored or feeling useless. I admit to feeling bored and useless occasionally.
But there is more to Poetry than one man’s opinion of it.
There are many views – no less especially here. Most, sadly, are neither original nor particularly new because that is what we’ve come to expect as an unforgiving characteristic of this Site.
But occasionally there are gems to be found, wicked nuggets of gold garnered from sparsest sands. I’m tossing in what I can. If you’ve encountered something of mine ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
keeping a day ahead when
space occupied by those
preceding still reeks of
waste is deemed vagrancy
and planning non-events
because your life depends on
it does not explain why no
demand exists in any case
living in expectancy of a
doesn’t bring order to the
chaos surrounding you, so
unleash suspense, be an
angel freed of tyranny
leave the mess, hide the
phone, breathe again
© 25 January 2010, I. D. Carswell