Dust - Poem by Satish Verma
Creeping in waking night
was fear of fear
and you wanted to accept the defeat
It gives you solitude of
blank space, featureless.
The terrorist mask of blazing guns
bribing the absent gods,
for whom you are aiming?
The holy man on road
crushing the grass
lilies getting flattened under the giant wheels.
Moving an bloody toes
carrying the sacred earth under the nails
peeling the time, throwing the skn
for the dust to settle.
Comments about Dust by Satish Verma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl