Education - Poem by aigis nalian
High hopes we held in mind;
That day when we set forth,
On a journey out there to find,
Our future, in our own hands, took birth...
A million dreams of solid gold,
And castles in the air,
And glory, power, adulation untold,
And beauty, sweet and fair...
We dreamt of being pillars of strength tomorrow,
To hold up this world every day,
We dreamt of driving away every sorrow,
But betrayal met us today...
Education, our first hope, our light,
Left us hanging, taught us but one thing,
We've to ready ourselves for a fight,
Because our education taught us nothing...
Comments about Education by aigis nalian
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl