Empty - Poem by Candice Witherington
There are dreams that sometimes come true and there are those that never come to pass.
Perhaps our love was not destined and the fates knew it would not last.
It seemed at the beginning that we were compatible in every way, then why was it so easy for you to walk away?
Did I somehow fail to show you the love that was in my heart?
Did I read your intentions wrong from the very start?
Now that you have left my side, there is emptiness within;
How do I erase the pain? Where do I begin?
I am left with unanswered questions that perhaps should be left alone;
Yet I can’t help but miss you and wish you would come home.
Comments about Empty by Candice Witherington
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda