Evidence - Poem by Niko Tiliopoulos
I don’t remember being born
but I remember dying.
It was Tuesday
when I opened my eyes
for the third time.
Six were the hours of the day then
but fifteen the nights of the harvest
and the moon was full
its light and virgin,
though not for long.
You were fooled by my tears!
I didn’t come back for you but for my heart
and I will sing the song from the beginning,
until I hear that second voice
accompanying me sweetly,
like the honey of the mornings
of my childhood toys
in the imaginary land
of my hidden self,
my every life,
my every hope,
my only love.
Comments about Evidence by Niko Tiliopoulos
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda