Malay Roy Choudhury
Existence - Poem by Malay Roy Choudhury
Midnight knock on the pin-dropp door
You have to replace a dead under-trial
Shall I put on a shirt/ Gulp a few morsels?
Slip off through the terrace/
Door-planks shatter and wall plaster flakes
Masked men enter and en-flank
'What's the name of that squint-eyed guy
Where's he hiding?
Speak up, or come with us! '
I choke in terror. Sir, yesterday at sunrise
He was lynched by a mob.
[Translation of Bengali poem Astitwa]
Comments about Existence by Malay Roy Choudhury
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl