Fear 27 - Poem by Prathibha Nandakumar
I hunt the shadows
His ex and current and future
All gore me to bleed
I have been traveling in circles
Seeing you then not seeing you now
Tying a thread with a medal dangling
Gives her all rights over you, you think,
Glance into the mirror, sweet pig,
The collage of images speak a different tongue
Who seduces you, the poet or poetry?
The ink or the juices of the seductress sultry?
Go, get into the frame, where nothing challenges you
And your fears are erased, your prayers answered
I continue to breath, get out and in your fear find
Salvation and resurrection
The feared and the fearful
Both are needed to play the game.
Comments about Fear 27 by Prathibha Nandakumar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl