Mark R Slaughter
Finality: Farewell To 2011 - Poem by Mark R Slaughter
Pain pulses as a breath
Pulling on the nerves,
Dragging on the conscious mind.
Nimbostratus clouds heavy in their death-cue
Hang above the bed.
I spoke to Him,
Staring at the deep:
We stared our stares,
Warm blankets covering
The pain to keep it well inside me;
And as I writhed,
I bled the strain.
We’re now at one –
Artists drawn together
Needing one another
Though this will be forever.-
Comments about Finality: Farewell To 2011 by Mark R Slaughter
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl