Kitty Marie Lucas
Flight - Poem by Kitty Marie Lucas
i feel blank. i feel numb. i listen for reassurance—and hear none.
i don’t want to leave the few things i love behind,
and i’m sorry if it hurts me, if it makes me lose my mind.
i’ll crumble like a statue or fall like a bird...
because no one else can save me from your venomous words.
(someday we’ll find the strength to say how you took our worth away.)
you can't but will always believe every thing you've (n) ever heard(?)
so scrawl it down and screw me up
then find some shorter, meaner words
...watch me crumble like a statue
or fall like a bird.
Comments about Flight by Kitty Marie Lucas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl