For James Herriot - Poem by Norm Milstein
Like Scheherazade, you never ran out of stories.
It was comforting to know you were still alive and writing.
You jumped out of your books and read to us,
A comical, eloquent, insightful, sweet, so human friend
Available at all times.
Night after night you showed up at bedtime.
Sometimes you made us laugh so hard
We found it difficult to sleep.
Sometimes we shared your grief.
You gave the writer's gift, a gift to strangers
And to the future.
Thanks, and a most good night to you.
Comments about For James Herriot by Norm Milstein
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda