Forever And A Day... - Poem by Meena Iyer
Magic in the dawn
Chirping birds on the lawn
Wasn't it perfect
On that special day?
And yet i didn't see the birds
nor the flowers that unfurled
Coz i was looking out for you
You. my honey.. my world...
eyes lost into eyes..
hands enclasped, never to let go
in every gesture..in every sigh
love.. you did show..
That day.. do you remember?
You promised me... forever
enmeshed with me in heavenly dance.
Bliss in every glance..
It is again a magical dawn
birds are still in the lawn
and I wait for you.. yet
You have long passed away..
Only took a moment,
Its been an year since that day.
When lady love scorned my way
Love is lost so are you..
Borrowed joy lost like the morning dew..
Comments about Forever And A Day... by Meena Iyer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl