From A Lost Love - Poem by Justin Evett
I made you a box and wrapped it in red,
'From a lost love, ' is what the card said.
I filled it with thoughts and the feelings of us,
of the love that once was that faded to dust.
I put in the memories due to words left unsaid,
that we seemed to forget and lost in the end.
I tied the bow tight to hold the lid down closed,
and decorated the outside with bright painted rows.
I hope you'll remember the past we held true,
'From a lost love, to the memory of you.'
Comments about From A Lost Love by Justin Evett
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl