Getting Over You…for Susan - Poem by John Tansey
Getting over you…
Is as getting over a speed bump:
I cannot get, quickly, over you…
Without noting, looking back,
stopping and turning around to see, once again, you;
Or just check the vital signs of my car!
No, I must proceed, slowly,
Allowing time to brake;
But this, taking time, is what undoes me!
It forces me to look back, longingly:
Like the full affect of seeing Autumn, through a window –
its’ leaves, spiraling down,
and the overwhelming, utter sadness of it!
With you, I second-guess, regret and even tear.
Yes, Susan, getting over you is as getting over a speed bump!
There is no right or wrong way to do it.
I cannot go fast, slow, below or go around;
But, must simply, get over it!
Comments about Getting Over You…for Susan by John Tansey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl