Del a.k.a. Abe Jones
Gold Star Mothers - Poem by Del a.k.a. Abe Jones
Gold Star Mothers
Started with a group of twenty-five
In the year of twenty-eight
By those who’d lost a Son or Daughter
From the wartime’s cruel fate.
When the Blue Star on the Service Flag
Was replaced with one of Gold
Everybody knew a Mother grieved
With a loss from that household.
“Out of tragedy, we were formed”
And, “Out of love we continue.”
This legacy of Gold Star Mothers
With the heartache, that they knew.
They use the memories and love
Of those who gave their all
To help those other Veterans
Who answered our Nation’s call.
It’s so sad, they still exist
And most likely always will
As long as, we go to war
There’s a need they must fulfill.
Del 'Abe' Jones
Comments about Gold Star Mothers by Del a.k.a. Abe Jones
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye