He Asked Me To Dance Today... - Poem by wild fire
and I said yes, as we floated along to our own melody.
As the dance went on, he started to step on my toes, each time hurting worse.
Until finally he pulled away, showing no more compassion than that of an enemy....
but it's sad...because I know tomorrow when he asks me to dance,
knowing that my toes are to be bloody and broken....
I'll say yes anyway
Comments about He Asked Me To Dance Today... by wild fire
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl