He Did Not Look The Same - Poem by Prathibha Nandakumar
He did not look the same, he had changed
For better or worse I could not make out
Oblivious to the fact that
we were meeting after a million years
he started off with such continuity that
we were never apart.
It was only when he told me about his
girl friend who shared her birth day with me that
I remembered that I was meeting him after exactly
six years, ten months, two weeks and three days.
Apart from a degree and a well paying new job,
he had also gained a new sly grin
that usually comes with sleeping under the stars.
Comments about He Did Not Look The Same by Prathibha Nandakumar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl