He Was - Poem by Nandipha Mphanya
I soak my eyes in tears, page me through....
I a mask put on, you permitted are not
jubilant tales I Oonce told
but now all it is, is a remedy of pain, anger and hate
hateful thoughts, a sad affair it is
ruined by what was thought to be....
He was, a precious memory
but now just a broken branch from my tree
he was, he is now but a painful memory
Comments about He Was by Nandipha Mphanya
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl