How Could A Lover Fall? - Poem by Sant Tukaram
What could have caused your grip to weaken
that allowed creation to be?
How could a lover fall to his death
from the arms of infinite
How active you are in the mind sustaining such a great wall
that the sun can cast a frightening shadow
the world believes.
No one has ever really known sadness. No real God
would ever allow pain.
How then can a heart feel it is broken and in need
If we are held in the arms of infinite
The mirror you (God) stand before -
we need to gaze into it also.
That name you called Beloved
as I fell from your lips -
because I did not quite
so tell me again dear One
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about How Could A Lover Fall? by Sant Tukaram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl