How UnıTed Are We? - Poem by James Bredin
If Switzerland can have binding referendums, why can’t we?
They also have death with dignity, which we’re not allowed to see,
Is it our politicians or our Supreme Court that says no?
Is it expected that we will forever shut up and kowtow?
How do we get this on their pompous political agenda?
Are they busy taxing and spending on their hacienda?
How do we get them to listen to our problems and pay attention?
As they assume that in Canada there can be no tension.
Have I got your attention or should I apologize?
There’s no need to go home and think about this and agonize,
We just need to change our constitution but I forgot,
That’s almost impossible in Trudeau’s constitutional knot.
Comments about How UnıTed Are We? by James Bredin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl