I Stood At The Edge Of A New World With My Words - Poem by Shalom Freedman
I STOOD AT THE EDGE OF A NEW WORLD WITH MY WORDS
I stood at the edge of a new world with my words
And I set out into the distance of saying
The promised land called me
And I knew I would touch it somehow
But years went by
And all the lights in the distance receded
And I remained dreaming and dreaming and dreaming
And too old just to dream.
Will I fight my way out?
Will I find my will again?
Will I be a person once more?
The new day opens
Let's see what I can do with it.
Comments about I Stood At The Edge Of A New World With My Words by Shalom Freedman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl