Insignificance - Poem by Lexi Smith
^^will you leave me here i ask,
disappear without a trace,
the tears i swore would never fall,
are pouring down my face.
in your haste to leave this place,
you left something behind,
you are yet to realise,
that her memory haunts your mind.
forever and for always,
her broken heart will stay,
the tatters thrown across the sky,
characters in a play.
the sun goes down,
the curtain falls,
i see how small we are,
significant as dolls^^
^^i think that the stanzas work better on their own but i'd be interested to know if you think the contrasts, in this case, attract^^
Comments about Insignificance by Lexi Smith
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl