INTERNATIONAL - Poem by Katherine Gallagher
I take my countries as they come,
fall in beside other travellers
lifting their lives like lightweight
suitcases carried under the heart
— no questions asked.
On this trail I stake my futures,
know that beginnings are old hat
to be recognised like the moon's stare.
I tell myself this is no fool's
paradise, floating on clouds. Here
I ape survival, sing my cagey repertoire
and occasionally see myself dancing
in a space where hemispheres meet.
Comments about INTERNATIONAL by Katherine Gallagher
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl