Jesus As A Tither - Poem by June Chism
The thought of Jesus as a tither came to me the other day,
If Jesus were asked to become a tither, just what would He say?
Would He question the scriptures? Would he examine His heart?
Or would He tithe in good faith setting an example;
being obedient as He taught.
If Jesus were a tither who gave a tenth of His talent, wealth or time,
Would He consider me as a tither or just spiritually blind?
Would Jesus rob His Father of just a mere tenth?
Or would He, as I, return to GOD what is already His,
then remain watchful, yet content.
The thought of Jesus as a tither CLEARLY illustrates to me,
That as I strive to be like Him, tithing is a must...
And it must become a part of me !
Comments about Jesus As A Tither by June Chism
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl