Keep Your Head Up - Poem by Felix Lugo
I look back and I laugh cuz I remembered
you said I would never amount to anything.
But guess who is got caught up
selling marijuana next to La Bodega on Simpson Street.
The same family raised us, and
we went to school together @ Raphael Hernandez
I.S.116x in the Bronx.
What went wrong? I thought you had a greater heart than that.
We were like brothers and we loved each other.
What ever happen to our dreams together being stars?
Now, that I think about what you’re going through
I stop laughing.
I feel hurt for what you’re going through.
Keep your head up and let the sun shine on you.
Stop the wrong and
proceed the right to a better life.
I will help you and teach you how to succeed.
Comments about Keep Your Head Up by Felix Lugo
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl