Mark R Slaughter
Life’s Great... Er… Sucks - Poem by Mark R Slaughter
I’m flowing in a great big circle,
Spinning as I go.
And ev’ry step I care to take,
I hop and skip for show.
Then I loop the loop three times
And somersault with glee;
Oops I tripped –
Agh! I’ve cracked my knee!
I’m lying in the ward in pain,
Crying for the nurse,
And ev’ry time I move my leg
I scream another curse.
She shouts at me and threatens violence.
‘What’s the bloody point? (Says I)
There’s no need –
I’ve done the deed –
I buggered up me joint! '
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
life life life life life life
Comments about Life’s Great... Er… Sucks by Mark R Slaughter
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl