Like A Happy Ending... - Poem by Stephen Gradwell
This isn't all there is,
There is so much more to see,
And the only things that you know,
Are only here for show.
Our planet is so tiny,
And yet so badly drawn,
It all fits together so perfectly,
So why does it make no sense at all?
The night before the world war began,
We were all celebrating,
But the regime hasn't come to pass,
So we still have time to run,
And this isn't all there is,
There is worse yet to come,
How can we see the rest,
When we are so blind?
Don't you see the idiots in power?
Monsters preparing hour by hour?
Strobe lighting and silent mournings,
Just escapism and four minute warnings.
Its all so terrifying,
Lock your doors,
Let the laughter die,
And stop telling jokes.
Comments about Like A Happy Ending... by Stephen Gradwell
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl