Lipstick And Heels (/) - Poem by Jordan Legaspi
Lipstick and heels
Before me - the naked reality
bold, vulgar…the truth
the uncomfortable play
of passion- of youth.
The night is over since
but heavy eyelids rule
and weary flesh from whence
the kiss, the stroke of the soul;
on its broken innocence it lied
- the birth of pride-prejudice
- while death to young mind
of her, daughter of Eve.
Lo and behold- the Venus
woman from the foam of lust:
-beauty adored by his man
-beauty to love, will forever last.
The first night after the caress,
till then, to recount her days.
Comments about Lipstick And Heels (/) by Jordan Legaspi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl