Lost In Thought - Poem by James Jones
I looked once, and never found it,
I knew it was there, but still I looked past it,
Expecting it where I knew it was not.
But life doesn't work as you expect,
When you least expect, it'll happen,
As it did,
For a second there I'd thought I'd lost it,
But turns out mere humans can't.
And as my skin returned to bone
I saw it,
And it ripped me apart till I felt no cold,
Remorse only from myself
And truth found only in eyes.
My secrets out to me,
It's up to me to change it,
But change is hard.
And how it was, is memory
Comments about Lost In Thought by James Jones
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl