Love Me For Me - Poem by gary Hardesty
Don't call me black for that is not what I am.
Instead look at me as if we are the same
Cause in all actuality we are the same,
I have 2 eyes,10 fingers and 10 toes.
So I ask you what makes me a Negro.
And for that matter why do you hate me so
I did not choose this color...but rather
Its color god chose me to be. I am sorry that my skin upsets you
But your fight is with god not me. So i'm asking don’t hate what u see
Instead look past the brown skin and love the human that is me!
Comments about Love Me For Me by gary Hardesty
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl