Monsters And Myths - Poem by Sandra Osborne
There are monsters
That exist within;
They understand the hate
That the world is.
They know hate must exist,
For the monsters must be fed,
They grow strong with our anger.
They turn our love into cold
Polluted icicles of rage,
Made from the frozen fear
That trickles from our souls.
Traditions maintain the myths;
We believe them all,
And the monsters laugh in Triumph.
Comments about Monsters And Myths by Sandra Osborne
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl