Mountain Knight - Poem by Dan Jensen
He stood tall in shining armor..
But did he know what he was for..
He held his sword with fierce..
And the enemies down, he pierce.
After a victorious night..
He peers over the finished fight..
He removes his helmet..
Soon was his limit.
Was all this blood 'caused by him..
If so, what was he within..
He dropped his sword to fall on the ground..
As so, he looked around.
A tear had fallen from his eye..
That was his answer, to his why..
Maybe he wasn't the great knight..
Maybe he wasn't fit for this fight.
He ran away..
Far towards the next day..
Where he fell..
Where he had no shell.
He was breathing lowly..
His heart-beat was going slowly..
His eyes they closed..
And he fought not, as he was supposed.
Comments about Mountain Knight by Dan Jensen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl